Thursday, September 2, 2010

Peanut Butter and Vegemite!?

I'm getting pretty used to hearing that on a daily basis. The Australians are very happy that I am one of the few nonAustralians who likes (in my case, love) Vegemite and despite the fact that they pride themselves on using it in strange combinations, I've apparently broken the limits by creating PB & V. Thus, every morning when i make my typical bfast of toast with PB & V and often an egg or two on top, I'm met with awestruck faces and "You eat peanut butter AND vegemite!?" Yes, yes I do. And its freaking delicious thank you very much :P
In other news, it is now September. Holy shiznit. One of the girls on our program actually counted it up and we've been here over 50 days now. On one side this is cool because I definitely feel like I've fallen into the rhythm of school life here but it also means that our number of remaining days is rapidly dwindling. With that in mind, my recent dilemma has been trying to figure out where I can both afford and have time to travel to. Places on the list of possible travel locations include: Tasmania, Melbourne, Uluru/Ayer's Rock (the huge red rock sticking up in the middle of Australia), Cairns, more NZ, Singapore, etc. etc... Basically everywhere and anywhere which is causing me some prioritization issues. That and I won't know what free time I'll have during the exam period cuz we're at a bloody large university that doesn't post exam dates and times until freaking october. But as the Aussies say, "She'll be right" and I'll get it all figured out... eventually.
Aside from that all is going well. We've reached that point in the semester where there are all kinds of assignments due and my procrastination is catching up with me but its nothing I haven't dealt with before. People are getting more and more excited for Ball here at Cromwell now that there are only three weekends of Asks left followed by Ball. Fuster and I were invited to our friend Boudjoo's house for a weekend over midsemester break but unfortunately its during our trip up to Heron Island. Other than that there's not all that much to report. Finally won a basketball game, sang "Party in the USA" with the other Cromwell Dson folk at karaoke last night (we rocked it), going to be accompanying Impulse on the song "Stars" from Les Miserables on Tuesday, and hopefully jamming with a couple guys sometime next week. Just gonna keep on rocking down under!

2 comments:

  1. YO filly blunts---follow my blog sternbar.blogspot.com
    iv already hooked up my blog with a link to yours so maybe youll get some randos checkin out whats what in the land wallabies and dingos

    ReplyDelete